Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I am an aunt again! My neice, Kayla, 9lbs, 7 ounces, was born minutes ago. My sisters called me from the delivery room, and I could hear Kayla in the back ground. Wonderful news! Nothing like new life to affirm life.

My six-foot chiropractor natural healer birth coach sister, Stacy, was just about ready to put the nurses through their own birth process if they didn't get that baby to her mother. There was the weighing, the shot, the blood draw, and then the bath. All with my militant breastfeeder sister looming over them saying...."let that baby latch on..." She hung up on me to go force the issue. That's my sister! You go get 'em.

My other sister--the mother--seems to have come through just fine. She sounded exhausted. And who wouldn't. I remember how it was. They say "oh, you forget the pain." No, not really. Many mothers who do it more than once simply decide the pain is worth it. And this is her third baby, so she must think is it REALLY worth it.

Brava sisters of mine!

No comments: