Monday, December 29, 2008

Women Helping Women started out as an agency providing assistance to single women, especially single mothers, who work but still were unable to make ends meet. The agency, based in Somerset, helped pay utility bills and provide food baskets for families in need.

But during the past year, the organization evolved into Women Helping Women With Children.

The change came about because so many single mothers got into situations in which their children were being put into foster care because their families were unable to provide a safe and secure home.

"There are so many out there that need support," said Clayton.


Read the rest of the article . . .

1 comment:

Evangelist Donovan said...

I think this is great. I myself just wrote a book entitled the Ministry of Motherhood which chronicles my journey from teen pregnancy to now. I now travel across the country speaking to other women about the importance of their job as mother and how I overcame the obstacles.

I have been searching for agencies that could benefit from a portion of the proceeds from the book.

I think more organization like this need to exist in order to help our children who are crying out for our help.